Advantages compared to other similar
instalations and sytems:
• Flat system, no need for large projector beam
room behind or in front of "canvas"
• No need for regularly and expensive projector
• No heat from projector and the problems of dust-burning
• No need for computer maintenance
• Flexible system with small "image creator",
made in solid aluminum
• Very low energy consumption
• Extremely long life-span. 30 000 hours (in active
mode, in real situation a lot longer)
• Long range system with precise sensing edges
• Interaction is not dependent on "hugging
the wall" and gives a more freely, and less weird
photographers camera seen as a silhouette.
The technology was developed partly by a inspiration from
criticism of electronic art in the public space.
Both factors as life-span and maintenance costs as well
as a "inflation in abstract multi-input/ random/lets
do it all at once" art earlier created, who in my point
often loses its touch with its audience.